Article 1 (Scope of Application)
Please note that this Policy shall not be applied to personal information provided to this Company in connection with consigned services from other ANA Group companies, including, but not limited to, air ticket information for air transport services.
Article 2 (Personal Information)
The term "personal information" in this Policy means "personal information" as used in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003) and refers to information about a living individual, that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, or other description contained in such information, or, that contains a personal identification code.
Article 3 (Purpose of Utilization of Personal Information)
This Company acquires and handles personal information of its customers to the extent necessary for the following purposes. In the event such personal information will be handled beyond the scope of the following purposes, prior consent shall be acquired from the customer in an appropriate manner. In addition, even within the scope of the purpose, this Company shall not handle personal information of its customers in a manner that may encourage or induce illegal or improper conduct.
- For responding to inquiries and/or requests to its customers
- For the purpose of providing information, conducting questionnaires, and managing various events operated by this Company, to its customers
- For contacts or guidance via e-mail, leaflets, and/or direct mailings, as may be necessary for the operation of events, campaigns and other services this Company provides
- For the purpose of, investigating and analyzing the history of use of services provided by this Company, and utilizing the results for such investigation and analysis for the improvement and development of the services and the distribution of advertisements
- For all businesses incidental to or related to the above-mentioned businesses
*In addition, this Company utilizes personal information of its customers for the purposes prescribed in "Article 7. Shared Use of Personal Information."
Article 4 (Personal Information to be Acquired)
In order to achieve the Purpose of Utilization set forth in the preceding article, this Company shall acquire the following personal information of customers through appropriate and fair means.
- Identity information, contact information, etc.
Customer's name, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.
- Details of inquiries and opinions to this Company
Contents of information, inquiries, requests, and opinions contained in correspondences with customers (including the causes and solutions to them), etc.
This Company shall not acquire or utilize sensitive information of its customers (hereinafter referred to as "sensitive information") such as race, beliefs, social status, medical history, criminal history, or the fact of being victimized by a crime, except as provided by law or with the consent of the customer.
Article 5 (Disclosure and Provide to Third Parties)
Personal information shall be strictly controlled, and personal information shall not be disclosed or provided to a third party without the consent of the customer except in the following cases: Provided, however, that the disclosure of such information through joint use or consignment of business shall not be regarded as disclosure or provision to a third party.
- When it is necessary to protect a person's life, body, or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer;
- Cases in which it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the sound upbringing of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer;
- Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or a person entrusted thereby in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the customer is likely to hinder the execution of said affairs:
- Cases where personal information is provided upon succession of business due to merger or other causes; or,
- Other cases permitted by laws and regulations.
Article 6 (Entrustment of Handling of Personal Information)
This Company may entrust the handling of personal information, in whole or in part, within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of utilization prescribed in Article 3. In such cases, this Company fully examine the eligibility of entrusted parties, stipulate matters concerning confidentiality obligations in contracts, and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of the entrusted parties.
Article 7 (Shared Utilization of Personal Information)
This Company may share personal information of its customers within the scope and for the purposes described below.
|Scope of Joint Utilizers
|ANA Group Companies
|Purpose of Utilization by Utilizers
|Items of Personal Information to be Jointly Utilized
|Customers’ names, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, information contained in interactions with customers, details of inquiries, requests, and opinions (including the causes and solutions to them), etc.
|Name, Address and Representative Person Responsible for the Management of Personal Information
|ANA HOLDINGS INC.
Shiodome City Center, 1-5-2 Higashi-shinbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Koji Shibata, Representative Director and President
Article 8 (Transfer Outside Japan)
When this Company provides personal information of its customers to third parties such as companies outside Japan, including outsourcees and joint utilizers, this Company shall provide such personal information based on the customer's consent, except in cases that fall under any of the following:
- In the event that a third party is a country prescribed in laws and regulations as a country with a personal information protection system equivalent to that of Japan; or,
- In the event that a third party has established a system necessary for taking measures continuously equivalent to the measures to be taken by an entity handling personal information in Japan
In the case of (2) described above, this Company shall take necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the continuous implementation of appropriate measures by third parties.
Article 9 (Management of Personal Information)
This Company shall properly manage personal information of its customers and take necessary safety management measures to prevent leakage, loss, alteration, etc. In-house education will be provided to officers and employees of this Company, regarding the protection and proper handling of personal information of customers. The period of retention of personal information will be determined according to the purpose of use, and if the purpose of use is achieved, the information will be disposed of in an appropriate manner.
Article 10 (Request for the Handling of Personal Information)
In the event this Company receives a request from a customer for correction, addition, deletion, discontinuance of utilization, erasure, or provision of information concerning measures to protect personal information, the Company shall respond to the request within a reasonable period and scope, as follows, in accordance with laws and regulations after confirming the identity of the customer.
- Request for Disclosure
This Company discloses the items of personal information desired by the customer, the purpose of use, or the records of provision to a third party.
- Request for Correction, Deletion, or Addition
This Company confirms the contents of the request, and correct, delete, or add the contents of personal information to the extent appropriate and possible.
- Requests for Suspension of Use or Elimination
In accordance with the contents of the request, the personal information items designated by the customer shall be discontinued to the extent appropriate, and if desired, the personal information items shall be deleted.
Due to the suspension or deletion of use, this Company may not be able to provide services that were previously available or that meet customer requirements. Requests are available on this premise.
- Request for Provision of Information on Personal Information Protection Measures
This Company shall provide the following information according to requests from its customers.
① Details of the safety management measures taken by this Company
② Details of the measures taken by this Company when this Company provides customers' personal information to a third party outside Japan
In the event of a serious hindrance to this Company’s normal business operations, a risk of violation of laws and regulations, or a risk of harm to the lives, bodies, properties, or other rights or interests of customers or third parties, this Company may not be able to respond as requested by its customers.
This Company reviews the content of this Policy from time to time and strives to improve it. The contents of this Policy may be amended except for matters otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations or in this Policy. The amended Policy shall become effective upon notice to customers of this Company or posting on this Company’s website in the manner prescribed by this Company.
Article 12 (Contact Information)
This Company’s contact information are as follows, for requests and inquiries regarding the handling of our personal information.
MRO Japan Corporation, Information Desk
260, Omine, Naha-shi, Okinawa, 901-0196
Established and enforced on September 1, 2015
Revised on July 27th, 2022